Friday, May 13, 2011

A Beautiful Mess

Just a few weeks ago, I was hurriedly trying to get the girls ready to go.  Rush, rush, rush.  To where???  I don't remember...probably story time or a play date.  As I was wandering through the house feverishly scooping up misplaced items in my arms, I tripped over a toy on the living room floor.  Catching myself mid-trip and letting out a groan of annoyance at the same time, I hear Sweet Pea's little voice behind me, matter-of-factly stating, "It's a beautiful mess, Momma."  And it is.  Beautiful.  I am thankful to be reminded in times such as these that ALL of this MESS is truly beautiful.  I am thankful for my two healthy girls and their ability to make plenty of messes for me.  And I'm thankful that even a 2-1/2 year old can speak wisdom from her sweet little heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment