Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Our Peanut is growing like a WEED!


At the first of this month, I took our "little" Peanut in for her 9 month checkup.  WOW!!!  She's not so little anymore.  Weighing more than 20 pounds, she is in the 75th percentile for weight.  If my biceps are looking uncharacteristically toned, I have Peanut to thank!!!  Saying she is a good eater is probably an understatement.  As the picture shows, she is a huge fan of broccoli and black beans.  Although, I haven't really seen her turn her nose up at anything yet!  She's eaten sweet potatoes, acorn squash, peas, bananas, blueberries, raspberries, apples, watermelon, grapes, pasta, and the list goes on and on.  It seems that she will follow suit with her big sister and become an awesome eater.  For that I am thankful!
Although she is not yet crawling, she is definitely becoming more independent. She is starting to roll around to wherever it is she is going.  She has such a sunny disposition.  She looks like these picture most of the time, with the exception of being hungry and/or tired.  She loves watching her sister do ANYthing!  It's almost scary how you can watch her just sponge up all the behaviors that her sister exhibits...I can only imagine what it might be like in a couple of years!

Peanut is also an excellent sleeper!!!  She wakes between 7-7:30 in the morning and takes two long naps during the day.  She is not one to wake with crying.  She simply wakes up and talks to herself in her crib.  It's only when she becomes animated that I'm aware she's ready to get up and play!  After dinner and bath, she is ready to hit the rack again by 7pm.  She is a baby who loves her sleep...just like Momma!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I miss you like crazy :) Glad to see that you blog so I can keep up with Sweet Pea and Peanut...they are getting so big and are too beautiful. We are hoping to make it down around the first of August and I need to see you all. Love you!

    ReplyDelete